JAKUCHU × Nishijin Brocade
Nishijin textile is Japan‘s oldest traditional industry. The progress has been made by designs that focuses on beautiful nature and culture which have been developed by people, and the craftsmanship of outstanding craftsmen. JAKUCHU Ito is a mid-Edo genius painter who has perceived the essence with outstanding imagination, and observed the subject in detail ,depicted the details of the form. With space expression and decoration effect full of originality, the style of reconfiguring the screen with a strong subjectivity has attracted high evaluation and interest even today.
JAKUCHU art works of Nishijin Asagi brocade is made of the world’s finest weaving technology (1800 needle jacquard).
Jakuchu Ito「Birds,animals and plants folding screen」
height approximately 52cm×width approximately 100cm
- Holding period
- Mondays(Tuesday if the Monday is a holiday)
New Year's holiday,Summer vacation (mid 8), Exhibition change period.
Please Come by Public Transport such as Trains and Buses
- Hankyu Kyoto Line [Karasuma station]
- Exit 23 3 minutes walk south
- Subway Karasuma Line [Shijo station]
- Exit 6 Soon
After accepting on the ground floor, please go up to the 7th floor by elevator.
※There is no parking / bicycle parking at this museum.
- JPY500 (JPY400)
- High School / University Students
- JPY400 (JPY300)
- ※Free for junior high school students and younger.
- ※Students under university must show their age.
- ※Amount in ( ) is group discount charges for 20 or more people.